Since the project address a complex issue, a multidisciplinary team is needed in order to cover all possible aspects of the project. A team consisting of a senior scientist (SS), a scientific researcher degree II (SRII), a 2 PhD students, and a technician along the principal investigator (PI) are involved in the achievement of the project objectives.
- The PI (Alexandru Marmureanu) is in charge for the majority of research activities, dissemination and daily management of the project. The PI is in charge for the project momentum, direction and will ensure the fulfillment of its purpose. He was part of the EEWS team that received one important international prize. In 2006 PI was part of the team that received one of the 20 “Nominees for the European IST Grand Prize” for the “Early Warning System for Strong Earthquakes”. The European IST Prize is an award for groundbreaking products that represent the best of European innovation in information. Mr. Alexandru Mărmureanu was part of the group that published the set of papers “Nonlinear effects in seismic risk assessment” that was awarded with the “Aurel Vlaicu” Prize from the Romanian Academy of Science, exact sciences section (www.acad.ro/com2007/doc/Premii2005-decernate2007.doc).
- The SS, Dr. Ionescu Constantin, a senior researcher grade II, is the initiator of EEWS research in Romania (patent no. 121355/30.08.2007). He was also part of the team that received “Gheorghe Cartianu” prize from the Romanian Academy of Science, IT section for the paper “Early Warning System for Strong Earthquakes. He received his PhD on Earthquake Early Warning. He is involved mostly on data interpretation and dissemination.
- The SR II, Dr. Carmen Ortanza Cioflan, is involved during the project in several activities including data processing and dissemination. She received the “Aurel Vlaicu” Prize from the Romanian Academy of Science for the set of papers “Nonlinear effects in seismic risk assessment”.
- The ST1, Mr. Craiu George is a PhD student that has as goal of research the improvement of the magnitude relation used for Romania territory.
- The ST2, Mr. Marius Liviu Manea graduated the Faculty of Automatic Control and Computers (a department of the Polytechnics-University of Bucharest in the field of Computers Science and Information Technology and The Engineering of the Automated Systems) and is in charge of system design and implementation of the real-time system.
- The T member, Mr. Viorel Pirvu, is involved in fieldwork activities and monitoring the real time communication.